Sunday, November 16, 2008

Film Score Fanatic

After having several sites on the web that only deal tangentially with film scores, I wanted to have a place where I could deal with everything, classic scores by Korngold, Steiner, Waxman, Herrmann, et al, as well has horror by Skinner, Salter and Bernard, and noir by Webb and Deutsch, as well as newer composers. So, here it is. I don't imagine this will be a hotbed of activity, as I'm pretty busy elsewhere, but I would like to hear from folks who do enjoy the same kind of wide-ranging love of film scores that I do.

In discussing the music I do have my own specific terminology that may not be to everyone's liking but helps me keep things straight in my own mind. When I say "soundtrack" I am generally referring to the actual recorded track on the film, sometimes seperate from but occasionally containing dialog and sound effects. When I speak of "film score" I usually am referring strictly to later, orchestral re-recordings of the restored score. Also, though this is not a music blog per se, I will have links to share suites or cues to music that I talk about in my posts, as well as links to buy cds of many of the great film scores available now.

See you soon, and hope to hear from you soon.

--E.B. Neslowe

No comments: